Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Salmon Toe” Release Info


Not only is Ronnie Fieg releasing the Salmon Toe Asics Gel Lyte III, but the grand opening of his store, KITH, is also right around the corner. To celebrate the grand opening and Salmon Toes, Ronnie and his crew created a limited edition collector’s box set, which is limited to 40 pairs. There will be pairs that release at KITH without the collector’s box, and pairs will also be available on kithnyc.com on Friday, September 30 at 11am EST.

Here’s all the details:

It’s been a long time coming. As most know, these started out as a sample from a few years back. I showed some of my closest friends, and they were very skeptical. By skeptical I mean, they thought I was fucking insane for trying to drop, what they thought to be a “pink” shoe. By the advice of my crew, I decided to give them away as a one of one giveaway. The response was kinda crazy, and I got hit with a lengthy e-mail petition to produce the Salmon Toes. So, about a year ago I finally had them made. These are a big deal to me, and not only because of the response they have gotten, but because this release is also going to mark the grand opening of KITH. I wanted both the release and grand opening to be extravagant and I’ve worked extra hard on this to make sure it’s as special to you, as it is to me.

To assure this is going to be epic I’ve included some exclusive pieces for the in-store release. With the help of my good friend Chris Lee over at Good Wood and KITH’s newly appointed, genius graphic designer MASCustoms, we’ve created the craziest sneaker packaging ever. The details of this box are absolutely insane and it’s made from the most premium and heavyweight wood we could engrave. The box will include a KITH x Asics collaborative Salmon Toe T-Shirt (100% heavy-weight cotton and made in the USA). The last piece to complete the collector’s set will be the wooden dog tags, which were also produced with the help of my homie Chris Lee. These tags include both the KITH symbol and logo, Asics logo, as well as our motto, “Just Us.”

My objective has always been to make people feel like they are getting more than what they are paying for. This is an extremely special release to me, and I am grateful to everyone that is taking part in it. I want to give a special shout to Angel for the Salmon Toe shots, and SQ for the Collector’s Box shots. You guys absolutely murdered these shots.

Purchase Info: 233 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, NY, 11217 On September 30th, 11am Est. There will be a total of 72 pairs released in store which include the 40 individually numbered Collector sets. Priced at $200, the first 40 people in line have the option to purchase the full collector’s box (Box, T-Shirt, and Dog Tags). The remaining 32 pairs for in store purchase will be sold at a price of $130 and will include a set of wooden Kith x Asics Dog Tags with purchase.

Address: 233 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11217

If you’re not able to make it to the store, the Salmon Toe Asics will also release on Kithnyc.com at 11am Est. for the same price of $130. KITH X Asics T-Shirts will also be available online with a price tag of $28. via The Shoe Game