Saturday, June 18, 2011

Justin Timberlake Refuses to Record with Jay-Z

Seems as If Timberlake and Jay-z may never lay down a track together; Justin doesn't appear to be interested.

According to hiphopdx.com, Justin Timberlake revealed the news in an interview with Vanity Fair when he was asked about the rap star turned business man. According to the singer, the time for a collaboration between the two artists has long gone.

"Jay-Z has put out 11 albums, and I was talking about doing collaboration with him, and he said, 'I can't do it right now, but I'll get you on the next album.' I was like, 'No, man, I don't work like that,” Timberlake explained to the magazine. “This sounded good to me for you and me to do together, and if it doesn't work, then I totally get it, but I won't be putting an album out next year; these aren't a dime a dozen to me.'"

Timberlake initially reached out to Jay-Z when he was recording his FutureSex/LoveSounds album, but was told by Jay-Z that he was too busy and that he would be willing to do a collab on his next album.

As part of his solo career Timberlake has worked with a number of Hip Hop producers/artists including Timbaland, T.I., 50 Cent, Three 6 Mafia, and Pharrell Williams. via This Is 50