Monday, October 24, 2011

Pusha T Addresses His Perceived Drake Dis


Drake dis? What Drake dis? Pusha T went to visit WGCI’s DJ Moon Dawg in Chicago to clear the air on October 18. When the topic of Pusha’s supposed beef with Drizzy came up, the G.O.O.D. Music lyricist shot down the notion.

“I’ve never said that man,” Push remarked about the rumored shots he threw at the Young Money solider.

“I think people hear these freestyles and they forget that this rap thing is a real competitive situation and me personally, I’m like really good. I’m sorta good at this,” he said.

Using Drizzy’s “Dreams Money Can Buy” as his backdrop Pusha Ton threw an ambiguous line like,“Rappers on their sophomores claiming that they’re boss lords/ Fame’s such a funny thing for sure.” Because Drake is preparing his second album Take Care many speculated that the Clipse rapper was taking aim. Not the case said Push.

“You’re never gonna hear me say that I was dissin’ Drake or anything like that, I actually like him,” he said.

In an interview with Hot 97‘s Funk Master Flex in New York on October 13 Drake said that he wasn’t put off by the line either. “I listened to it and i just couldn’t pick it out. I couldn’t pick out where I was supposed to be offended,” Drizzy said.

During the interview Pusha went on to comment on the BET Hip Hop Awards Cypher, citing Meek Mill and Joe Budden as two of his favorites. He also talked about the possibility of French Montana joining G.O.O.D. Music, though he didn’t confirm that any signing took place.

Lastly, the Virginia rhyme dealer confirmed that he is working with Kanye and company on a G.O.O.D. Music compilation as well as his own solo album which will come out in 2012. via Rap Fix